Monday, August 05, 2019

Those New Milks

I've been interested for a while in trying one of those newfangled "milk" products that aren't really milk, like soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, and so on. So today I finally tried one. It was called "chocolate milk" and I have to say that I was very impressed with the spot-on imitation of a dairy product. You could almost believe that the stuff came from a cow except that you could really taste a very strong residue of the cacao from which t was extracted. They tried to mask it with sugar, you can tell, but it was still very strong. Too strong to say, use the milk on a bowl of cereal. While I might enjoy drinking it alone from time to time, I can't imagine using it as a general milk substitute for cooking. Moreover, the chocolate taste was so strong that it really put me off ever trying something like soy milk. If soy milk tastes as much like soy sauce as chocolate milk tastes like chocolate, I really see no use for it.

No comments: